LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / April 24, 2020 / Compare-autoinsurance.org (https://compare-autoinsurance.org/) is a top auto insurance brokerage website, providing car insurance quotes online from trustworthy agencies all over the United States. This website has recently launched a series of blog posts that provide more info about saving car insurance money during the pandemic.
Car insurance is essential financial protection for drivers in case they get into a car accident that makes them liable for damage, or in case their vehicles get stolen or damaged. As long as the premium is paid, the insurance is active and the drivers are protected. However, given the COVID-19 pandemic, many drivers are wondering how their car insurance policies will be affected or if they should drop some of the coverage.
When dealing with car insurance and with car insurance companies, drivers should know that many things have already changed. The most important things that drivers need to know are the following:
- How car insurance policies have changed during the coronavirus outbreak. Most of them haven’t changed at all. However, many drivers can expect to get refunds or paybacks from their insurers given the fact that there are fewer cars on the roads and there is a decreasing number of accidents. Even though drivers are likely to travel less miles in this period, they are advised to keep their policies and do not make any changes in their coverages.
- How to contact the insurance provider. In order to keep customers and employees safe during this uncertain time, many providers are enforcing new work from home policies. Depending on the insurance company, drivers have several options to contact them. Most insurers offer a 24/7 emergency hotline, or they can be contacted through their websites, mobile apps, email, and live chat.
- How insurers are responding to the current crisis. Most insurance companies have already taken several measures to deal with this pandemic. Many of them are offering paybacks to their customers. Other measures include billing support, temporary payment extensions, decreased insurance rates, suspension of policy cancelation or text message only claims.
- How to handle the current policy. Given the current coronavirus outbreak, most drivers are keeping their cars in a garage and they can be tempted to drop optional coverages like comprehensive or collision. However, drivers who still need to drive should consider that their cars could be damaged, stolen, or totaled in an accident, even if there are fewer cars on the road due to COVID-19 outbreak. Drivers who are planning on not driving at all for a long time, can put their vehicles in storage and keep only comprehensive insurance.
- How to file a claim. Depending on the insurance provider, drivers can file a claim via the insurer’s website, over the phone, or by using a mobile app. Once a claims adjuster is assigned, the drivers can work with them virtually. Usually, the adjuster will request a video call to survey the damage.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
“The coronavirus outbreak has radically changed the car insurance industry. Fortunately, many insurance providers have already adapted and can solve their customers’ problems regarding their insurance policies”, said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company.
SOURCE: Internet Marketing Company
View source version on accesswire.com: